This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LifeLock Facebook for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s hard to imagine the possibility of having your identity stolen. Aside from the hassle of getting your identity back into security- imagine the potential breach of so much personal and sensitive information! The world has gone online- from connecting with friends to banking- so much of “you” is online; you have to be certain you’re secure.
Introducing LifeLock, today’s leader in the world of identity theft protection and information. LifeLock provides its customers with top of the line identity theft protection through a suite of services backed by state-of-the-art technology. In addition, LifeLock provides information on all aspects of identity theft and threats.
Lifelock is wonderful, I have heard fabulous things about their service and here's why they are a leader in Identity Theft protection:
They also contact the major credit bureaus on your behalf and help remove your name from mailing lists for preapproved credit offers.
They also search known criminal websites for illegal selling of your personal information.
We review each attempt to misuse your identity, and proactively contact you anytime we detect an exposure or threat.
Lifelock's website is very easy to use, extremely user friendly and answered every question I had about Identity Theft.
I could not imagine being the victim of identity theft, unfortunately it happens every day. Could you imagine just throwing a piece of paper perhaps a bank account statement away and it getting into the wrong hands, next thing you know the bank is calling saying that someone was trying to access your account but it wasn't you? I know I couldn't.
Or perhaps you placed an order online and someone hacked your computer and stole all your passwords. So think about about this: How hack friendly is your password?
Here is some more info on identity theft:
• Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
• The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
• 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
Alarming stats for social media/ smartphone users that have experience identity fraud:
• 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
• 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
• 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
• 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
Do you know how fast a professional hacker can breach your password security?
• If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds
• If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
• What would this mean to your online banking, personal information and overall privacy?
Are you alarmed by the stats listed? I know I am. I am absolutely appalled by these stats and honestly it's quite scary!!
These stats have definitely gotten my attention to be more careful about protecting my privacy. I love that Lifelock will monitor my activity and I don't have to worry about it so much. They will also scan for identity threats and track my credit score.
Have you ever been a victim of identity theft or know someone who has? Why do you think LifeLock is necessary to identity protection? How can Lifelock protect you?
Make sure to visit LifeLock on Facebook for more info on identity theft and protecting yourself.