Hey all!! I want to introduce all you Moms AND Dads out there to a great company called TruKid. TruKid products are BPA free, Phthalate free. The are certified organic, have natural ingredients, are SLS, Paraben, Petroleum, and Gluten free.
Do you know what is really in your children's skin care products you are using? I know it may not be the first thing you think about when you go to the store and pick up some shampoo or body wash for your children but it should be. TruKid has created a handy sheet you can print out and take with you to the store so the next time you're shopping you can refer to the guide. So what ingredients are in the "bad guys" products? Just take a look at this:
The following ingredients have been linked to one or more of the following: cancer, neuro-damage, and developmental/reproductive toxicity. (NOTE: The following ingredients are in no particular order.)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) -Can be found in 90% of products that lather
- Avobenzone- Can be found in sunscreen
- PABA and PABA esters- Can be found in lipstick; products with SPF; lip balm; skin fading/lightener; conditioner; facial moisturizer/treatment; moisturizer; styling gel/lotion
- Cinnamates, also seen as Octyl methoxycinnamate (OMC) - Can be found in sunscreen
- Diethanolamine and triethanolamine- Can be found in foundation; sunscreen SPF 15 and above; hair color and bleaching; moisturizer
- Paraben preservatives, (Methyl, Propyl, Butyl, ethyl, isobutyl)- Can be found in facial moisturizer/treatment; anti-aging moisturizer; facial cleanser, sunscreen SPF 15 and above; conditioner; eye shadow; hair color and bleaching; foundation; shampoo
- Polyethylene glycol (also listed as PEG)- Can be found in facial moisturizer/treatment; hair color and bleaching; anti-aging moisturizer; facial cleanser; conditioner; shampoo; styling gel/lotion; body wash/cleanser; antiperspirant/deodorant
- Phthalates (listed under fragrance, if not named) - Can be found in nail polish, nail treatment, cuticle treatment.
- Benzophone, more commonly known as oxybenzone- Can be found in Sunscreen
- Formaldehyde derivatives- can be found in nail polishes and treatments (borrowed from TruKid.com)
That is some scary stuff right? I know from now on when I shop for my children's skin care products I will be taking the Toxic Bad Guys worksheet with me to the store.
We received the Sunny Days SPF 30+ Face and Body Stick and Cool Conditioner to review from TruKid. Both of these products couldn't have come at a better time for us to test out especially the Face & Body stick since we left for the beach the day after it came!
I was so excited to give them a test out! Every year we go to the beach we are super careful to make sure both kids (and us) have plenty of sunscreen on. I slather them with it and they complain so the stick was great! My 5 year old was able to apply it to his face all by himself and he liked the fact he was able to do it on his own. The stick works well for the face however we tried to use it on the body and it was a litter harder to apply.
After about 4 hours out on the beach TruKid was still working great I noticed no redness on their skin. I even used some myself on my face and it even worked great for myself! Oh and by the way Sunny Day's stick is mineral, non-chemical sunscreen and it's all natural and water resistant!
Being I have 2 boys, conditioner is not something we use since they have short hair. My oldest son has super thin hair so its not a necessity for him. However, within the past few months my youngest son's hair has gotten super thick and I've noticed after we wash his hair it gets tangled easily. We gave TruKid's Cool Conditioner a try out on my youngest's hair. I have to say it worked excellent. It made his hair feel silky soft and smooth and his hair was easier to comb afterwards. TruKid's Cool Conditioner is dermatologist and pediatrician tested and free of all the harsh chemicals I mentioned above.
So what else is great about TruKid? The smell! I was a little worried at first since we have never tried it before that it would have no smell since it's all natural. I love for my kids to smell clean and fresh after they take a bath and smell fruity :) TruKid smells absolutely amazing especially the Cool Conditioner!
Overall I am truly satisfied with TruKid products. I would LOVE to try their shampoo and body wash sometime. Since my oldest son has eczema I know its a product I can trust and use safely on his skin since, like I mentioned its all natural and free of any funky chemicals!
TruKid is available for purchase in their online store. The Sunny Days SPF Stick retails for $9.99 and the Cool Conditioner retails for $8.99! You can use coupon code dancingmom and get a FREE Dancing Detangler with any order of $30 or more, if ordered on TruKid's online store!
The folks at TruKid are giving 1 lucky winner the same products I reviewed which, is the Sunny Days SPF 30+ Face Stick and the Cool Conditioner! Yay! Thanks TruKid! Entering is easy on the Rafflecopter form below! Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
disclosure: The above mentioned products were given to me by sponsor to review however no monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced by anyone else. Winner must reside in the USA and must provide their info to me within 48 hours or I will be forced to choose an alternative winner. Prizes will be fulfilled by the sponsor and I am not responsible for lost, stolen, or prizes not delivered. Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for prizes to be delivered. If after 6 weeks your prize has not been delivered please contact me so I can then contact the sponsor. For my full disclosure policy click here